Rogue-likes are some of my favorite games, the upcoming game The Crackpet Show not only looks amazing, has cute graphics, but also appears to have some amazing gameplay, we can’t wait to try it! Check out more info below.
Go solo or team up with up to 4 players and take on the role of gunned up and insanely freaky animals ready to gut up enemies just to gain fame in the World’s Biggest bullet-hell Show!
The cute and fluffy animals have mutated, got their hands on some guns and now they’re about to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights! Driven by a crazy blood rush, they’ve organized a gladiator-style TV Show, where they’re fighting each other, getting likes and grand-prizes from their sponsors. Victory is secondary, performance matters more. Especially when it’s explosive and brutal!
And the best part? The game will get a dedicated Nintendo Switch release – with both singleplayer and co-op campaigns! So if sometimes you just need your fill of daily mayhem, now you’ll be able to get it anywhere – on your couch, at your job, on the bus, and yes, even during those long “life contemplation” sessions in the toilet 😉
About the game
The Crackpet Show is a high-powered hybrid of the bullet-hell shooter and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition.
In the game, players take on the role of cartoon animal gladiators performing in a savage tournament. This post-apocalyptic TV show is extremely popular and is transmitted all around what is left of the world as we know it. Every participant is treated as a hero just for their very presence in the show.
Champions fight for life with creatures mutated so heavily that they disgust even the beasts themselves, that’s why they’re only used to fighting in the pit with the gladiators. This is not all you can fear. Most places you’ll encounter are covered with deadly traps!
Your and your friends’ goal is to defeat as many enemies as possible, closing all that mayhem by conquering bosses. However, this task is almost unachievable for an ordinary rookie, so the competitors have to approach the challenge more than once, developing their skills and equipment in the meantime.
So gear up, invite your friends, and get involved in the most creepy, post-apocalyptic, rogue-like bloodbath!
- It’s all about The SHOW! Each game level is another episode of a very bizarre, yet extremely popular gladiator-style television show, where winning is not as important as making a freaky, killing spree performance.
- Post-apocalyptic rampage! What happened to humans some may ask, well, no one knows, and honestly no one cares anymore. They’re most likely extinct and their entire legacy, especially weapons, is now being exploited by those who have displaced them – loony, mutated, Crackpets.
- Why does it feel so wrong and yet so right? Feeling nostalgic about good ol’ adult cartoons? The Crackpet Show is the answer! We’ve got all sorts of Happy Tree Friends-inspired animal characters that are both so adorable and even more creepy. Nothing like you’ve ever seen, post-apocalyptic setting that fuses colorful art-style, fluffy characters with action full of skull-cracking and destruction.
- All aboard the HYPE train! Jump in and try your luck becoming the next Champion. Acquire as many fans and sponsors as possible and receive rewards! Gain fame by completing show-rooms or whole episodes and collect fancy perk coins. Gather likes slaughtering your opponents and exchange them for equipment, new weapons, and perks.
- Teamplay, you freak! Want something more than a singleplayer experience? Gather up to 4 friends, pick the preferred room, and hack & slash through enemies. When the time comes, fight your dudes for the loot – there can be only one STAR! But, since you might need sidekicks on the way to glory, go and buff up your team and share weapons and gear with them, and if they drop dead you can even revive them. Just like in the Pet Sematary!
- Monotony? No way, Jose! Procedurally generated maps and tons of enemies do not allow any boredom. The show producers promise at least a couple of episodes, with different biomes, various exhibits, and the right background for the overwhelming bloodshed you’ll perform. Stand out during the casting and choose your favorite character class with different sets of weapons.
- Kick some big-ASS bosses! Lights, camera, and action…slice those huge and abominated enemies into pieces. Slay everything you see and get the trophies you deserve. What? You’ve never fought a big, floating ASS in the jar, before?
The Crackpet Show is currently in development with the release date planned for Q2 2021. The game will launch on Nintendo Switch and Steam.